Welcome to Action Staffing Group. We are pleased that you have selected our agency to help you look for a job assignment and hope that this opportunity leads to full-time employment for you. In order to increase your chances for success on the job, we require that you follow our rules and regulations and sign that you acknowledge receipt of such rules.
1. JOB ASSIGNMENT. Once you have accepted a job assignment you are expected to show up for work every day on time. Plan to be at the job site 5 minutes early every day to make a good impression. Be sure to review directions on getting to the work location the day before. Lateness may be grounds for disciplinary action, up to an including dismissal.
2. NEVER WALK OFF THE JOB FOR ANY REASON!!! If you encounter a problem, call our office as soon as possible to discuss the matter with our operations department. We will be happy to assist you. If you do walk off any assignment, it may be grounds for disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal. If you encounter a problem and are unable to go to work, you must notify us at least two hours before so that we can arrange coverage for you.
3. TIME AND ATTENDANCE. You must arrive to work on time. A NO CALL/NO SHOW may be grounds for disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal. If you are released from an assignment, you must notify your dispatch manager immediately. If you are not able to notify your dispatch manager, you must report to the office the next day. Failure to report to your manager is considered job abandonment and it may be grounds for dismissal.
4. DRESS CODE. Always dress for success on the job. This means the following: wear work boots (no sneakers), comfortable warn work clothes (appropriate fitting pants), and the proper uniform (if given for the site location). Work gloves are always a good idea. In the office, proper business attire at all times unless otherwise instructed. Dress codes of individual assignments should be followed as requested. Please exercise proper hygiene at all times when coming to work (well-groomed, clean clothes, and proper presentation).
5. TIMESHEETS and DRIVER SIGN-IN SHEETS ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY! Make sure you sign the ACTION DRIVERS SIGN IN SHEET/LOG Book and the route information, such as route number and route miles Be sure to track your work miles every day. Confirm that the timesheets are accurate in order to process them on time. (A forged signature on a timesheet will result in immediate termination).
6. PAYCHECKS. There is always a one-week delay on paychecks. This means if you work this week anytime from Monday through Sunday, you will be paid for that week the following Friday. Please make note of this and ask questions if you do not understand this procedure. Weekly paychecks are generally distributed on Fridays from 5 p.m. in our office. If you have any questions regarding your paycheck, please contact your office manager.
7. PAY RATES. Never discuss pay rates with the assigned company, assigned company’s employees or any other employee of Action Staffing Group. Address any pay rate questions or concerns with Action Staffing Group. We will be happy to assist you with your concerns.
8. Anytime that you are injured on the job, report your injury immediately to the Patty Curty to 908-242-1042. An additional form in this package outlines the work injury procedure that you must adhere to; failure to do so will lead to a delay in processing your claim.
9. Cell phones and other electronic devices (such as pagers, iPods, etc.) are not permitted to be used while on assignment. Use of any unauthorized devices while working may be grounds for disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.
10TI EMPLOYMENT AT WILL. Understand that any assignment you are given is a temporary job and that employment is at will. Assignments can be ended at any time for any reason. It can be ended for cause if I fail to follow the directions of my group leader, supervisor or manager.
10. EMPLOYMENT AT WILL. Understand that any assignment you are given is a temporary job and that employment is at will. Assignments can be ended at any time for any reason. It can be ended for cause if I fail to follow the directions of my group leader, supervisor or manager.